Barcelona are renowned for producing world class footballers in their academy and Ansu Fati is the latest talent from their conveyor belt.
The 17-year-old has already wrote his name into the history books this season, drawing comparisons with team-mate Lionel Messi.
We’ve taken a look at 11 records the teenager has broken during his first season in Barcelona’s first team.
– Fati is the second youngest player to play for Barcelona’s first team, aged 16 years and 298 days, and the first player born in 2002 to feature in a La Liga game.
– After scoring in a 2-2 draw at Osasuna six days later, Fati overtook Lionel Messi and Bojan Krkic to become Barcelona’s youngest ever goalscorer.
Ansu Fati is a record breaker.
✓ Youngest La Liga scorer for FC Barcelona
✓ Third-youngest La Liga scorer of all time
16 years and 304 days. pic.twitter.com/m7EsOjRZNk
— Scouted Football (@ScoutedFtbl) August 31, 2019
– In being named in the starting XI against Valencia, Fati became the youngest ever Barcelona player to start at the Camp Nou, beating Marc Muniesa’s record set in 2009.
– Within seven minutes of the 5-2 win over Valencia, Fati had become the youngest player to provide a goal and assist in the same game in the history of La Liga.
– Fati’s goal against Valencia made him the youngest goalscorer in the history of the Camp Nou, aged 16 years and 318 days.
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) February 13, 2020
– That strike also made him the youngest player to ever reach two La Liga goals.
– The forward became the youngest player to feature for Barca in the Champions League, debuting against Borussia Dortmund at 16 years and 321 days old.
– His winning goal against Inter Milan in the Champions League group stages made him the competition’s youngest ever goalscorer, at 17 years and 40 days old.
No Messi? No problem
At 17 years and 40 days old Barcelona wonderkid Ansu Fati becomes the youngest Champions League goalscorer ever 😲
Remember the name. pic.twitter.com/44n6rliMT0
— Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) December 10, 2019
– At 17 years and 48 days, he became the youngest player to feature in El Clasico in the 21st century.
– After scoring twice against Levante in February, Fati became the youngest player to score a brace in the history of La Liga.
– Before his 18th birthday, Lionel Messi had scored one goal for Barcelona’s first team. Fati already has five goals for the club.
Comparing Barcelona’s record with and without Lionel Messi since 2017-18
Where are they now? Barcelona’s nine youngest debutants since 1990
Can you name every Barcelona manager since 2000?
Everything you need to know about Barcelona starlet Riqui Puig